Collagen 123 : Types of collagen and its benefits to the body Collagen is the most common protein in the body and plays an important role in the formation of skin, bones, muscles, cartilage and tendons. Collagen proteins come in many different types and are divided into three main types known as Collagen 123 .
Collagen proteins are found in skin, bones, cartilage, tendons, ligaments and other tissues.
- Collagen 1 is the main component of bones, skin, tendons, teeth and cornea.
- Collagen 2 is the main component of cartilages of the eyes, ears and nose.
- Collagen 3 is the main component of the skin, muscles, lungs, vessels and intestines.
Collagen supplements are often used for the health of skin, hair and nails. Collagen supplements can also be used for joint health, but different results may be achieved depending on which type is used.
Generally, Collagen 1 is most suitable for skin health, Collagen 2 is more suitable for joint health, and Collagen 3 is used for general connective tissue health. However, there are other types of collagen, such as Collagen 5 and Collagen 10, whose effects are still being investigated.
These three types of collagen work together to ensure the healthy functioning of our body. However, as we age, our bodies produce less collagen, which can cause structures such as skin, bones, joints, and tendons to weaken and become damaged.
For this reason, many people take Collagen 123 supplements. These supplements can increase the body's collagen production, resulting in healthier skin, stronger bones, and more durable tendons.
Additionally, Collagen 123 supplements may provide the following health benefits:
- Skin health: Collagen 1 and Collagen 3 can help increase skin elasticity and reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Bone health: Collagen 1 contributes to the structure of bones and may increase bone density.
- Joint health: By contributing to the structure of cartilage, Collagen 2 can make joints healthier and reduce the symptoms of joint diseases such as osteoarthritis.
- Muscle health: Collagen can also contribute to the structure of muscles and increase muscle mass.
Collagen 123 supplements usually come in a form called hydrolyzed collagen. Hydrolysis is the process of breaking collagen proteins into smaller pieces, which helps the body absorb and use collagen more easily.